Val's Book Nook

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Welcome to the Book Nook!

For those of you who don’t know, I’ve always been an avid reader. My younger days were spent reading Dr. Suess, The Berenstain Bears, Beverly Cleary (Can you believe she just turned 90? You go girl!), Judy Blume, Sweet Dreams Series, and R.L. Stine. Now, I mainly stick to African-American fiction and NY Times/USA Today/Publisher’s Weekly best sellers that catch my interest.

On this blog I will share my reviews on my most recent readings and highlight my favorite authors. (You’re always free to post comments if you’ve read the same books!) You will also find other related news about authors and books, such as book releases and signings, plays/movies based on books and anything else that I think might be of interest.

Now, I pride myself on the fact that I have read every novel by my favorite authors. They are Eric Jerome Dickey, Bebe Moore Campbell, Terry McMillan and Omar Tyree. Not only have I read all 12 of EJD’s novels, but I’ve seen 2 stage plays based on his works. His latest novel, Chasing Destiny, was just released on April 11th. So, be on the lookout for my review on that in the very near future!

2 Comments:

  • Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:00 AM  

  • I find some information here.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home